The main object for which the Company is established is to promote study and research in the field of criminal justice and related fields and disseminate results in order to advance education and benefit the community, by such means as conference, seminars, journal published papers, database of members' interests, and special interest study groups.
The subsidiary objects for which the Company is established are:
- to provide a forum where experienced personnel working in or having worked in the criminal justice system and associated professions can discuss, in an informal setting, problems and methods of working thereby assisting the advancement of community welfare, conflict resolution and reconciliation and, the integration of those who are disadvantaged;
- to develop a network of members who subscribe to these objectives;
- to promote the highest standards of practice by professionals working in and associated with the criminal justice system;
- to represent the collective views of its members;
- to build links with similar professional organisations in Ireland and abroad; and
- to raise public awareness of issues relating to children, young people and crime.
To view a copy of the ACJRD Strategic Plan 2020 - 2022 please click here