ACJRD hosts conferences and seminars/webinars on topics of interest to our membership, which includes policy makers, practitioners, academics and community based organizations.
In a typical year we have been
- convening an Annual Conference and
- facilitating and managing and convening a conference in partnership with Criminal Justice Agencies (Irish Criminal Justice Agencies (ICJA) Conference.
- engaging internationally with partners in Northern Ireland and mainland UK focused on the anticipated impact of Brexit, in the UK-Irish Criminal Justice Criminal Justice Cooperation (2018 to date)
- organising seminars/webinars that meet the discreet interests of our Working Group Members.
- convening events for research collaborators
- facilitating state agency engagement with our members who have stakeholder interest in government policy planning
- arranging networking events
- annual Martin Tansey Memorial Lecture
Charlie Brooker, Honorary Professor, Centre for Sociology and Criminology, Royal Holloway, University of London, will present the 14th Annual Martin Tansey Memorial Lecture, "Probation and Mental Health: Do We Really Need 'Equivalent' Care?”, this event has been postponed, a revised date will be confirmed shortly.