ACJRD hosts conferences and seminars/webinars on topics of interest to our membership, which includes policy makers, practitioners, academics and community based organizations.
In a typical year we have been
- convening an Annual Conference and
- facilitating and managing and convening a conference in partnership with Criminal Justice Agencies (Irish Criminal Justice Agencies (ICJA) Conference.
- engaging internationally with partners in Northern Ireland and mainland UK focused on the anticipated impact of Brexit, in the UK-Irish Criminal Justice Criminal Justice Cooperation (2018 to date)
- organising seminars/webinars that meet the discreet interests of our Working Group Members.
- convening events for research collaborators
- facilitating state agency engagement with our members who have stakeholder interest in government policy planning
- arranging networking events
- annual Martin Tansey Memorial Lecture
"Race, Migration and the Criminal Justice System" - Wednesday, 22nd June, 2022
A collaboration between ACJRD and the UCD Institute of Criminology and Criminal Justice
The seminar, "Effecting Change: Learning from the experience of Oberstown" took place on Thursday, 3rd March, 2022.
The UKICJC Network hosted a webinar on "Extradition post Brexit - Implementation of Part Three, Title VII of the Trade and Cooperation Agreement (TCA): Perspectives from the UK and Ireland”, on 10th January, 2022.
The 7th Annual Irish Criminal Justice Agencies (ICJA) Conference “Protecting the Human Rights of Vulnerable Suspects and Offenders: Defining, Identifying and Responding to Vulnerabilities” took place on Friday, 4th June, 2021.
Charlie Brooker, Honorary Professor, Centre for Sociology and Criminology, Royal Holloway, University of London, presented the 14th Annual Martin Tansey Memorial Lecture, "Probation and Mental Health: Do We Really Need 'Equivalent' Care?” online on Monday 24th May, 2021.